Our gtrep repository for TDM will be upgraded to SQL 2019. What if anything needs to be done to accommodate the DB upgrade for the TDM toolset?
Release : 4.9
Since this is a new install of SQL Server 2019, you may find that you have a new version of the 32-bit ODBC driver. We supported version 11 and you "may" find that your newly installed version will be 15.
Datamaker Connection Issue
If this is the case, you will need to update your TDM version to 4.10.+ to get the new driver from MS to be supported.
I am assuming that you are on 4.9 of the TDM Portal. The fix for the SQL Server ODBC is not in 4.9. Therefore, you will need to upgrade to 4.10. There is a specific way to upgrade to 4.10 AND put in the latest patches that are available for 4.10:
First, download the GA Release for 4.10 - CA-TestDataManager-FullPackage-4.10.zip
Unzip this zip file to expose the internals. You will find 4 files. You will be using only the following file:
Please review the Patches Support Page:
and locate the following files that will update the components that have patches and download the latest 4.10 release:
The sequence to follow is this:
1. Download the above mentioned files.
2. Run the executable from TDMWeb-4.10.xx.0.zip
3. Run setup_GTServer_184.108.40.2061.exe
4. Run the executable from GTDataMaker-4.10.xx.0.zip
5. Run the executable from FastDataMasker-4.10.xx.0.zip
6. Run the executable from Javelin-4.10.xx.0.zip
7. Copy the files from the unzipped SubSet-4.10.xx.0.zip to the GTDatamaker folder. The default folder is C:\Program Files (x86)\Grid-Tools\GTDatamaker.
Hope this exhaustively answers your query. Let me know if you have any questions.