We have a port on a device that has been ifOperStatus Down for over a year yet we keep getting the "BAD LINK DETECTED" alarm on this port in Spectrum.
Release : Any
Component : Alarms
The port model is ifOperStatus Down and ifAdminStatus Up. Alarming is enabled on the port model.
The user clears the BAD LINK DETECTED alarm and then when the SpectroSERVER is restarted, they get a new BAD LINK DETECTED alarm.
Spectrum re-evaluated the port status on a SpectroSERVER restart and will create a new BAD LINK Detected alarm if the port is ifOperStatus Down and ifAdminStatus Up.
If the you do no wish to see this alarm, you can do one of the following:
- Set the port to ifAdminStatus Down as well as ifOperStatus Down
- Place the port model into Maintenance Mode
- Set the GeneratePortStatusAlarms attribute id 0x12a54 to No on the port model. This can be done by doing the following
- Find and select the port model
- Click on the Information tab in the Component Detail panel
- Find and expand the Alarm Configuration subview
- Set "Generate Alarm on Port" to No