When creating an AutoSys instance, the user has the ability to choose between the "Classic" and "Next Generation" prediction models. This choice is only available on the "Add Scheduler" and cannot be edited after it is selected.
This article provides detailed differences between the two.
Release : 6.X
Component : Automic Automation Intelligence
Below are the differences between the two models:
- Supports cross-instance dependencies between CA7 and AutoSys
- Required for Simulation feature
- Does scheduler wide predictions for every job therefore making job level forecasts available for every job
- Limited support for NPTF root causes (currently only supports root cause of job condition not met, i.e., job failure).
- Does not support what-if analysis for NPTF jobstream runs.
NOTE: Root-Causes are being added with each release, eventually all NPTF root-causes will be in V2 Next Generation model. There is no ETA for all RCA being added at this time.
- Does not support cross-instance dependencies between CA7 and AutoSys
- Does not support simulation feature
- Only predicts jobs that are in jobstreams; therefore job level forecasts are limited.
- Full support for NPTF root causes
- Full support what-if analysis for NPTF jobstream runs.
NOTE: Broadcom recommends to utilize Next Generation prediction model for new customers/installations.