1. To verify which port SPE using, go to Configuration.xml from C:\Program Files\Symantec\Scan Engine and check the port value ex. in my case port 8006
Which match the values in the SPE GUI console below:
2. You can modify the port number by simply opening Configuration.xml in a Plain text Editor (Notepad.exe), ex: from 8004 to port 8006 as per the example above.
3. Open the Java control panel >> go to security >> add the new address in the Exception Site List as per the example below:
4. If the console still not opening, please make sure that you have all the prerequisites set as per the article below:
How to enable and access the Protection Engine Java console
Note: Make sure to the point "To allow Internet Explorer 11 64-bit to load the console Frames"
If you are using a 64-bit Internet Explorer browser, you must add the following registry key: [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\MAIN] "TabProcGrowth"=dword:00000000
5. Restart Symantec Protection Engine daemon for the changes to take effect
The Example below shows how successfully changed the port from default 8004 to 8006: