We've recently upgrade the spectrum environment of a customer from 20.2.7 to 21.2.8.
The end customer is a heavy WebApp user and all OneClick clients use WebApp.
We have added more ram to the OneClick server that is hosting the WebApp which is now at 64gb so we are pretty sure the issue is not ram.
However, we do notice about once about every three days that all users are immediately disconnected and after a few minutes they can reconnect again to WebApp.
Tomcat WebApp was also occasionally crashing out of memory with an hprof file.
OneClick multithreaded issues resulted in a mass disconnection from all WebApp users.
Release : 21.2.8
Component : Spectrum OneClick WebApp
The attached spectrum_1656516294308.war and admin_1656516252645.war files will address the Tomcat WebApp occasionally crashing out of memory with hprof file.
1. Download the attached spectrum_1656516294308.war and admin_1656516252645.war files and rename to spectrum.war and admin.war respectively.
2. Log into the OneClick system as the user that owns the Spectrum installation.
2. Shutdown tomcat and webtomcat as normal.
3. cd to $SPECROOT/webtomcat/webapps directory and move the existing spectrum.war and spectrum folder plus the admin.war and admin folder to another directory as backup. Ensure there are no files in the $SPECROOT/webtomcat/webapps directory.
4. Copy the spectrum.war and admin.war files to the $SPECROOT/webtomcat/webapps directory.
5. Start tomcat and webtomcat as normal.
The spectrum.war and admin.war files will automatically be extracted in the $SPECROOT/webtomcat/webapps directory.
The disconnects are addressed in the Spectrum_21.02.08.PTF_21.2.810a as well as the OneClick performance problems (hangs and timeouts).
Please open a case with Spectrum Support for a copy of the Spectrum_21.02.08.PTF_21.2.810a patch.