To do a SARBCH batch /PRINT from within View:
To use the P (PRT) command to print online or use the J (JPRT) command to print with a batch job, do as follows:
- Input selection code P or J in a Sysout, JOB, or Data Set List Selection panel
- Input selection code J in an Index Selection List
- Input J or JPRT on the command line of any browse panel
- Input P or PRT on the command line of any browse panel
Note: The P and the J commands both initiate print processes:
P prints directly online and J prints by running a batch job.
These print methods differ as follows:
- The J print method prints through a background, batch job by providing input fields that create, modify, or both the JCL that runs the job; the P method does not.
- Several print attributes used by the J print method are not available under the P print method.
- Once you enter the SUBMIT command for a batch print job (J selection code), or when you log off, the Reprint JCL Panel JCL appears for you to modify the JOB statement information.
- For JOB mode, if the reports associated with the job reside on more than one tape, any P type online reprint is automatically changed to J type batch reprint.