I am attempting to install XCOM r11.6 SP03 on Windows 2022. I have installed jre-8u333-windows-x64.exe.
When I go to install XCOM I get the error message:
I go to the Details... and get the following.
Flexeraaw7$aaa: Windows DLL failed to load
at Flexeraaw7.af(Unknown Source)
at Flexeraaw7.aa(Unknown Source)
at com.zerog.ia.installer.LifeCycleManager.init(Unknown Source)
at com.zerog.ia.installer.LifeCycleManager.executeApplication(Unknown Source)
at com.zerog.ia.installer.Main.main(Unknown Source)
at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown Source)
at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown Source)
at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Unknown Source)
at com.zerog.lax.LAX.launch(Unknown Source)
at com.zerog.lax.LAX.main(Unknown Source)
I have no idea where to start with this. Any suggestions would be helpful.
Release : 11.6 SP03
Component : XCOM Data Transport for Windows
During our testing on the Windows 2022 system, we were able to determine the following:
1. The JRE that is certified to run on Windows 2022 is AdoptOpenJDK, which is now Eclipse Adoptium. It provided OpenJRE 8 and as I mentioned it is certified with Windows 2022.
Please download it and install it. Here is the link;
Download the .msi option to install.
2. Make sure to modify the JAVA_HOME, XCOM_JAVA_HOME. You also want to add it to the PATH:
3. XCOM uses Install Anywhere 2018, which can't support Windows 2022. So, we are going to trick the installer to believe that it is running on a Windows Server 2016. Again, this is a circumvention, we will talk about this internally to make sure we get XCOM certified on 2022.
Anyway, to trick the installer you would have to set the JAVA_TOOL_OPTIONS parameter as shown:
This is part of the window where you go set the Environmental variables. The user variables are the top pane on that window.
Once you do that you can then run XCOM.exe. We did that here on the server and XCOM installed successfully.
4. Now, you will be installing XCOM r11.6 SP03 on the system. We have maintenance that you will need to apply above that to be on the latest version/level of SP03. Please download the most current fix available for XCOM r11.6 SP03 and apply it from the support.broadcom.com portal. That will bring your XCOM r11.6 SP03 to the latest level. You will see that when you issue command 'xcomqm -r" from your Command prompt. Maintenance for XCOM on Windows is cumulative.
5. Once you have installed and applied the maintenance you will want to remove the JAVA_TOOL_OPTIONS parameter.