After upgrading IPC from 14.0 to 15.1 a D USER xxx LAST command in IDEAL is giving an error:
ICSCMSGP04T - INTERR: MESSAGE MEMBER IDADMSGE NOT IN ADRPNL
By comparison, the same command gives a legitimate (expected) error message when issued in our Test region, even after upgrading to IPC 15.1.
IDADUEDS03E USR xxx not found
I ran VLSUTIL against both my old and my new ADRPNL libraries for Prod. Neither contains any IDA* members. I ran VLSUTIL against my new ADRPNL library for Test (where things seem to be working OK), and the member list appears to be identical to that of Prod.
The ICSCMSGP04T message indicates that member IDADMSGE cannot be found. The messages says ADRPNL but Ideal messages are in the ADRLIB VLS file.
It's probably looking in ADRPNL because it could not be found in ADRLIB,
Release : 15.1
Component : IPC
When doing an upgrade the contents of the old ADRLIB are copied to the new one in job VQUPG01 step VLSLIB.
It's possible the job was not run or the step did not complete correctly.
Other members may be missing as well. There should be some ID***MSG* and HLP* members in ADRLIB as well.
Run a VLSUTIL LIBRARY on the ADRLIB and compare to the files in the ADRLIB in a working IDEAL system or in the previous 14.0 release.
//LIBRARY EXEC PGM=VLSUTIL
//STEPLIB DD DSN=ipc.CAVQLOAD,DISP=SHR
//SYSPRINT DD SYSOUT=*
//AUXPRINT DD SYSOUT=*
//VLSFILE DD DSN=hlq.ADRLIB,DISP=SHR
//SYSIN DD *
If other members are missing it means job VQUPG01 step VLSLIB did not run correctly.
The step will need to be run again.