I'm applying IDM 14.4.1 CHF02 and following the doc: CHF_JCS-14.4.1-CHF002.
One of the steps is to update jcs-common-1.0.0.jar. The doc says:
---- For "jcs-common-1.0.0.jar": ----
1. Stop "Java Connector Server" Service.
2. Take backup of "jcs-common-1.0.0.jar" from "%CONNECTOR SERVER INSTALLED LOCATION%\system\c
3. Copy the provided "jcs-common-1.0.0.jar" to "%CONNECTOR SERVER INSTALLED LOCATION%\system\c
4. Start the "Java Connector Server" Service.
5. Login to IAM Connector Server admin console. Navigate to Bundles tab under Connector Server Management se
6. Perform the following actions by right clicking on Connector : common bundle for "JCS :: Common :: (com.ca.jcs
a. Stop and wait till the status shows as "Resolved".
b. Update and wait till the status shows as "Installed".
c. Start and wait till the status shows as "Active".
d. Refresh Imports.
7. The Version number will changes once the above steps are done correctly.
I've overwritten the file and restarted the java connector server service. After performing step 6a (stopping the bundle in the connector admin console), the status gets changed to "stopping", but hangs. In fact, it appears to corrupt the connector server. While I'm able to start and stop it, the provisinoing server is unable to connect to it, and the only fix at this point is to follow the steps in this article:
As a workaround, I've performed every step of CHF02 EXCEPT for updating jcs-common-1.0.0.jar.
Release : 14.4