ALERT: Some images may not load properly within the Knowledge Base Article. If you see a broken image, please right-click and select 'Open image in a new tab'. We apologize for this inconvenience.
Explanation of PAM Licensing
Article ID: 240868
CA Privileged Access Manager (PAM)
How does PAM Account for Licensing?
Release : 3.4.x, 4.0.x
Component : PRIVILEGED ACCESS MANAGEMENT
PAM Licensing boils down to pretty much 3 main pieces:
When defining a device in PAM you have the ability to select 3 options:
- Password Management
To explain each one:
- Access (Session Management)
- If you select this check box, this device can be added to a policy and added to the PAM Access Page and counted against your license for it.
- Password Management (Credential Management)
- If this box is checked, any passwords (Target Accounts) can be managed by PAM and is counted against your license for it.
- A2A (A2A Management)
- If this box is checked, than this device can be used in conjunction with an A2A agent to managed application passwords and is counted against your license for it.
for all Application Types our licensing is determined if you want to "Access" it via PAM or Manage the "Password" for it.