Correct shutdown sequence not followed.
The correct shutdown procedure for Spool is:
1) PNET Command
* Use the PNET command to initiate a slow halt of the network interface, virtual printer interface, LPD/IPP Interface, and NJE TCP/IP server. No new logons and session requests are accepted, and the VTAM ACB is closed as soon as all of the active network sessions have been terminated.
2) TNET Command
* Use the TNET command to reset the network interface, virtual printer interface, LPD/IPP interface, and NJE TCP/IP server. All active sessions are interrupted immediately, and the VTAM ACB is closed to drain the VTAM interface.
3) SHUTDOWN command
* Use the SHUTDOWN command to initiate a normal termination sequence of the ESF system; then, ESF no longer accepts any open-file requests. When all currently open files have been closed and the VTAM interface is stopped, ESF terminates execution. The SNET, PNET, and TNET commands control the VTAM interface. If one or more ESF resource clean-ups have failed, it can be necessary to abnormally terminate ESF by using the ABEND command or the OS Cancel command.
4) If Spool still fails to close, you can issue the command
* F - Forces ESF to terminate, disregarding open files.