When we log on to View, we are logging on through the VTAM interface, set up through the EBC/XMS Cross Communication task used by View.
- We are looking for information on the INACTIVE interval timeout parameter for a session/user logged on to a View database.
- What parameter is used specifically for a users period of inactivity? And can it be changed?
Release : 14.0
- Error messages associated with a LONGWAIT timeout could be any of the following, depending on the signon protocol used to access View:
EBCXMC17, EBCXMT17, EBCXMM02, SARVSTM1, SARXSTM1 and CAHFSPT012E
View itself does not have any SARINIT parameters that force a timeout after a period of user inactivity.
There are other timeout related EBC/XMS parameters, unrelated to inactivity, such as the TIMEOUT= and LOGWAIT= parameters. These additional EBC/XMS task related timeout parameters are documented as follows:
Defines the time-out value, in seconds, to be used by this transaction.
– This value is used as the maximum wait time for a response from the SARXMS started task.
– This value must be greater than zero and less than 9999 seconds (which is two hours, 40 minutes).
– If you do not want any timeout to occur, you may specify TIMEOUT=NO.
Default: 240 seconds (four minutes).
Indicates the amount of time a user is to wait to log on before the user's session times out.
Default: 200 (2 minutes, 00 seconds).
- Error messages associated with these other types of View/XMS timeouts include the following:
EBCXMC15, EBCXMM14, EBCXMT15, EBCXST03, SARTIA12 and SARTIA05