Email gateway getting full, backing up and unable to send email due to latency.
- Manually configured emailgtw ATTACH queue
Release : 20.3
Component : UIM - EMAILGTW
- emailgtw probe version 2.84
In the hub Status window, the emailgtw probe showed an ATTACH queue in the hub and it was processing messages VERY slowly. OOTB, by default, the emailgtw does not use an ATTACH queue.
1. Deactivate the emailgtw probe
2. Deselect/disable the emailgtw queue via the hub probe-> Queues Tab and click Apply.
3. Rt-click and upgrade emailgtw to reinstall it to the same version 2.84
4. Checked the hub Status window and the emailgtw default temp queue was created, e.g., t_nn
After allowing the emailgtw to use its OOTB temp queue, when the SMTP test was run again, there was no latency, the response was immediate and the temp queue processed the email messages quickly and consistently.