APM Application Disk size filling at an alarming rate \, application may get down.
Any archival or purging policy as it's happening very frequently that our disc is getting filled .
Release : 10.7.0
Component : Customer Experience Manager
This issue has two parts.
1) Ensuring that CEM is setup correctly to monitor only needed applications and generate needed defects.
2) Cleaning up database. Note if 1 is not done, then the database will keep filling up
#1 could be addressed in another case. I would suggest going through CEM UI screen by screen to make needed changes.
1) Drop tables
DROP TABLE ts_defect_meta_values_20130405 -- Drop these first (sample date)
Then drop tables for the same exact date
DROP TABLE ts_defects_20130405;
DROP TABLE ts_tran_comp_details_20130405
2) Vacuum Appmap tables
vacuum full analyze appmap_edges;
vacuum full analyze appmap_vertices;
vacuum full analyze appmap_attribs;
3) When have space do an vacuum full to free up space https://www.techonthenet.com/postgresql/vacuum.php. You will need space to do this
Cleaning up CEM
- Going though existing settings
- Disable these defects types though the Specifications tab.
Slow Time/Fast Time/Large Size /Small Size/Missing Transaction/Component and Partial Transaction/Component
- Look at the the Incidents and see which are generating many defects. Then go to Specifications to disable.
- All CEM is apparently on one EM. Please move TIM Collector to another EM
- Review the Database Administration -- https://community.broadcom.com/communities/community-home/digestviewer/viewthread?MID=727788
-Only monitor the applications that you need.
-The high number of missing and partial transactions is due likely to unclean data being sent to the TIM. Please see https://community.broadcom.com/enterprisesoftware/browse/blogs/blogviewer?BlogKey=1841a473-9de0-4e0c-8ef8-b716fa2b7920 on this. You have NO FILTERING on the TIM, so CEM is getting lot of "network noise."