ALERT: Some images may not load properly within the Knowledge Base Article. If you see a broken image, please right-click and select 'Open image in a new tab'. We apologize for this inconvenience.
How can I use TDM API calls to register a table and publish data?
Article ID: 239593
CA Test Data Manager (Data Finder / Grid Tools)
I have a requirement to automate the TDM process to register a database table and create synthetic data for it.
I would like a working example showing how to do this.
In the example provided, we will provide examples of the following calls
This example assumes you have the Travel_E database installed on a database that is reachable
- login and get a bearer token
- Create a connection profile
- Create an environment
- Scan the environment
- Get the status of the scan
- Get the table relationships
- Get a list of tables
- Get table details
- Register the table
- Create a Data Generator
- Get the registered Table ID
- Create data generation rules
- Publish the data Generator
- Get the status of the published Job
TDM 4.9.1.X 4.10.X
TDM Web Portal
Test Data Manager
Attached is a Postman Collection import of the following process: