Certificate Status Error "This certificate has expired or is not yet valid." and How to Renew the DLP Root Certification Authority
Article ID: 239550
Data Loss Prevention
Data Loss Prevention Core Package
Data Loss Prevention Enforce
Data Loss Prevention Discover Suite
Data Loss Prevention Endpoint Suite
Data Loss Prevention Enterprise Suite
The "DLP Root Certification Authority" certificate has expired, or otherwise needs to be renewed.
This certificate has expired or is not yet valid.
How to Locate the DLP Root CA Certificate:
- Log into the Enforce Console
- System > Settings > General
- Scroll down to the "Endpoint and Network Discover Communications Settings"
- Here you will see a keystore name listed, this is the keystore that contains your DLP Root Certification Authority.
- Default Keystore Location and Name
How to update your DLP Root Certification Authority:
- Rename or remove the old "certificate_authority_v1.jks"
- Restart the DLP Services
- When the services come back online it will automatically recreate this missing certificate for you.
- You should now see a "certificate_authority_v2.jks" has been created.