Two part question:
The manual states the Cancel value SUS "should be suspended when the threshold is triggered. In that same section later, the manual states under the Event Column, TASKSUSP is only for CICS 2.3.
1. Will Cancel value SUS work in CICS TS 1.1?
For the threshold below,
FILEBRWS * * 50 100 UPPER COUNT DYN SUS YES YES NO FILEBRWS
2. If I want the task to be suspended in a CICS TS 1.1 environment, will this result in the task being suspended after 100 READNEXT execs? What if I want it to be effective after 1,000,000 and to purge the task?
Release : 7.1
Component : Explore Performance Management for z/VSE
(1) The cancel value SUS should work equally well in both CICS/VSE and in CICS TS.
(2) Per your rule, the task will be suspended after 50 READNEXT operations. Please note that the "SUS" should be coded as "SU" (columns 57-58 in the "$THRSH.P member).
(3) If you want the task purged after 1000000 READNEXT operations, the rule should be -
FILEBRWS * * 1000000 100 UPPER COUNT DYN YE YES YES NO FILEBRWS