Sometimes, we notice that once a requisition has been booked, the ETC remains at the role and that the role assignment has not been transferred to the resource. Why?
STEPS TO REPRODUCE:
1. Create a project that spans from the 1st of March 2022 till the 31st of March 2022
2. Add a role to the team, let say DBA
3. Create a task for a week from the 21st to the 25th of March
4. Assign the role to the task
We can see the role allocation of 184 hours (project life time) and ETC assigned of 40 hours (task assignment)
5. Allocate the Role from Estimates on the team tab by calling the Allocate From Estimates action
6. Create a requisition
7. On the Resource tab of the Resource requisition window, click Add and select a resource whose primary role is DBA
8. Change the allocated hours on the TSV field from 40 to 38
9. Book the requisition
10. Go back to the team tab
Expected Results: Allocation and ETC has been transferred to the Resource and the task has been assigned to the resource
Actual Results: The modified allocation has been transferred to the resource (38 hours). The remaining allocation stays at the role (2 hours) and ETC remains at the role level. The task has not been reassigned to the resource
Role assignment happens ONLY when the entire role allocation has been fulfilled.
This is working as design. The role assignments should be replaced with resources ONLY when the entire role allocation is fully filled by the requisition. If any remaining allocation exists on the role, no assignment replacements should occur
• Using requisitions, replacing roles with multiple resources should replace the role assignments with multiple resources using the same logic as occurs with a direct replace on the team page
• The resources should be assigned to tasks following the amount of allocation they are allotted in the requisition.
• The assignment replace should work for both Requisition Booking system options: "Use Allocation Percentage," and "Use Available Work Units."
• The role assignments should NOT be replaced if the "Reassign Tasks When Replacing Role" system option is set to False.
• The role assignments should be replaced with resources ONLY when the entire role allocation is fully filled by the requisition. If any remaining allocation exists on the role, no assignment replacements should occur.