Path : /apps/CA/Introscope10.7.0_SP3/
Installed version : 1.8.0_292
Fixed version : Upgrade to a version greater than 8u292
Have to upgrade java on all of my APM servers to meet compliance otherwise cannot operate APM in the environment
Release : 10.7.0
You can install the upgraded JVM/JDK at any location and then modify the Introscope_Enterprise_Manager.lax and Introscope_WebView.lax for JVM path.
You can also install the JVM under APM-HOME/jre (this the default location of the JVM). In this case, you first rename the APM-HOME/jre and then install the new JVM/JDK there.
If you select this procedure, then you do not have to modify the Introscope_Enterprise_Manager.lax and Introscope_WebView.lax as the path remains the same.
APM will be using openJDK.
Presently, customers have two options.
1- Can swap with openJDK.
2- Can install vulnerability mitigation(upgrades) for Oracle Java (Review KB: https://knowledge.broadcom.com/external/article?articleId=132318)
1- Can swap with openJDK.
Manual steps to introduce AdoptOpenJDK
1. Stop Enterprise Manager:
2. Stop WebView:
3. Copy the contents of the jre folder in the <EM_HOME> directory to a new folder jreBackup
4. Delete all the contents inside the jre folder in the <EM_HOME> directory
5. Download the JRE of AdoptOpenJDK and put its contents to the jre folder in the <EM_HOME> directory
6. Start Enterprise Manager and WebView:
7. Verify that AdoptOpenJDK is being used by checking the logs:
In IntroscopeEnterpriseManager.log you should see something like the following:
[INFO] [main] [Manager] Introscope Enterprise Manager Release 10.7.0.220 (Build 994002)
[INFO] [main] [Manager] Using Java VM version "OpenJDK 64-Bit Server VM 1.8.0_222" from AdoptOpenJDK
In IntroscopeWebView.log you should see something like the following:
[INFO] [WebView] Introscope WebView Release 10.7.0.220 (Build 994002)
[INFO] [WebView] Using Java VM version "OpenJDK 64-Bit Server VM 1.8.0_222" from AdoptOpenJDK
8. If you have installed Workstation separately, follow the same process as above:
make sure Workstation is not running
create a backup of its jre folder
copy the contents of the JRE of AdoptOpenJDK into the jre folder of Workstation
9. If accessing Workstation through Webstart and if using AdoptOpenJDK in the machine where you are accessing Workstation, then the Workstation will fail to start.
*You must apply above steps to each of the APM components (for example MoM, Collectors, webview, workstation etc...)
Note: Broadcom is not permitted to distribute any higher versions of Oracle Java. However, if you wish to swap the version of Java within your own installation to a higher update of Oracle or AdoptOpenJDK 1.8, Broadcom . Then, Technical support will support it.
If you wish to keep cacacerts truststore and other custom files, please backup during the change and restore in the upgraded directory