Unexpected Server error when logging in to Endpoint Protection Manager
Examples of SEPM tomcat\logs\scm-server log entries (FINEST logging may need to be enabled to see all details):
AuditUpgradeEvent failed to log upgrade:Connect to database failed Unexpected server error. PKIX path building failed: sun.security.provider.certpath.SunCertPathBuilderException: unable to find valid certification path to requested target
2022-01-25 11:48:47.951 THREAD 78 WARNING: EELicenseHelper.getOverdeploymentClientCount(). Deployed count for SEP = 524
2022-01-25 11:48:47.951 THREAD 78 WARNING: EELicenseHelper.getOverdeploymentClientCount().Total licenses seats for SEP = 100
Caused by: com.sygate.scm.common.communicate.CommunicationException: Failed to connect to the server.
Make sure that the server is running and your session has not timed out.
If you can reach the server but cannot log on, make sure that you provided the correct parameters.
If you are experiencing network issues, contact your system administrator. ErrorCode: 0x80020000
● After importing the Symantec license file (.slf) in SEPM 14.2 and earlier with All services of SEPM are running with no issues.
● Certificate was not updated properly
(14 RU2 MP1) and later
1. Open the root.xml file in the notepad as an administrator.
C:\Program Files (x86)\Symantec\Symantec Endpoint Protection Manager\tomcat\conf\Catalina\localhost
2. Take a copy of the file, move to local folder x
3. Change the following line as shown below.
4. Restart the SEPM service.
Please Enable the Finest enabled Logging and recreate the issue