Rally: How does the Copy Users From' button work - When creating a project copying users from another project can take a long time
Article ID: 236157
CA Agile Central SaaS (Rally)
At the project level, when an Admin clicks the Copy Users From button, how is does Rally process those transactions.
This same process is also seen when creating a project and copying the users from another project
- For small projects (less than 500 users) the functionality and behavior is same as before:
- A background process is initiated and users are copied from the Source Project to the Target Project.
- For larger projects (more than 500 users):
- A request to copy users immediately returns with a message indicating that the process will happen in the background and notification will be sent when done.
- A background processing starts and users are copied in batches.
- Notification requires email notification being turned on for the subscription and the Admin who initiates the copy.
- A refresh of the page is necessary to see all users that are copied.
- The revision history will also display when users are added to the project.
- When the process is complete, an email notification is sent to the Admin who initiated the process.