How to change the sortkey fields for an existing system owned index.
Need to add an existing record element into the index sortkey structure.
Release : 19.0
Component : IDMS/DB
In this case, the new field already exists in the record, so no Restructure is needed.
This example involves a system owned index, Mandatory/Automatic.
Here is the basic plan to include an existing record element into the index sortkey:
1. vary owner/member areas offline
2. backup both areas
3. run MAINTAIN INDEX on this index set with the DELETE option
4. Alter the schema and set, including the new field into the set's sortkey definition, then validate the schema.
5. Generate affected subschemas... new copy subschemas (if you normally punch and link subschemas to a loadlib, this should be done at this point in the procedure)
6. LOOK on the subschema to verify, if needed
7. run a MAINTAIN INDEX on this index set with the BUILD option using the updated subschema, this will connect all members to the index using the new sortkey
8. PRINT INDEX to verify index