A device in the DX Netops Portal shows Up and Active and at the same time 'Reachability status unknown'.
The Data Aggregator device admin page for the device also shows 0 polled items.
The device is a member of a one or more Collections with valid Monitoring Profiles
Stop/start polling of the device, rediscovery, and update Metric Families makes no difference.
Release : 21.2
Component : IM Polling
The Consolidated Monitoring Profile for the device is missing or corrupted.
1) In the dcdebug confirm there are 0 polled items:
a ) Launch the DCDebug page at DA_HOST:8581/dcdebug.
b) Enter the IP Address and select the appropriate IP Domain for the target device.
c) Select the "Polling Configuration" option and select the View Data button.
3) GET the XML output from the DA Devices rest endpoint:
Replace DADEVICEITEMID with the Item ID from the Data Aggregator Device Admin page.
4) In that XML get the ConsolidatedMonitoringProfile id:
5) GET the contents of the Consolidated Monitoring Profile using curl or another REST client that displays HTTP error codes::
Example using curl on the Data Aggregator itself:
curl -u admin:ADMINUSERPASSWORD -kv http://127.0.0.1:8581/rest/monitoringprofiles/consolidated/devices/CMPID > /tmp/cmp.txt 2>&1
This may show a 404 or may be missing the expected Metric Families.
6) To rebuild the Consolidated Monitoring Profile:
a) Create a new custom Collection
b) Apply a Monitoring Profile that is already applied to the device to that Collection.
c) Add the device to the Collection.
Note the device should be left in its original Collection(s) as well.
This should trigger a rebuild of the Consolidated Monitoring Profile.
7) Once verified the issue is corrected, you can remove the new collection.