Gen Studio WebView generator PTF GSN86205/LU04351 ("WEBVIEW ARABIC DISPLAY PROBLEMS(RIGHT-TO-LEFT LANGUAGE)") fixes right-to-left language alignment problems, for Arabic dialect (right-to-left language).
After installing the PTF and regenerating/rebuilding the code.
Chrome and Edge browsers have the correct "right" alignment of prompts and labels/names including each group box name:
However using Internet Explorer (IE) or Firefox shows each group box name aligned to the left:
Release : 8.6
Component : ECLIPSE WEB VIEW
It was not possible for Gen Engineering to fix the group box name left alignment problem for IE/Firefox with these changes in the PTF.
To fix the alignment problem in Chrome/Edge, Engineering added 'style="text-align:right;"' to each group box legend in the PStep html file. They have since found that IE does not process that style setting. To get the group box name to appear on the right in IE they found that 'align="right"' should be added instead.
However there are 2 problems with doing that:
- That change for IE is not 100% because of a bug in IE8 which causes the group box name to appear below the box border. Gen generates IE8 compatible code with '<meta http-equiv="X-UA-Compatible" content="IE=8"/>' in each .html file. The problem can be fixed by manually editing the parent Load Module html file COOP.LMNAME.LM.html to have '<meta http-equiv="X-UA-Compatible" content="IE=9"/>'.
- Unfortunately the change to use 'align="right"' does not work in Chrome/Edge and the group box name reverts to being on the left.
Therefore going forward, Engineering cannot provide a formal PTF for the IE problem because:
- The change to use 'align="right"' breaks the Chrome/Edge behaviour.
- The impact of changing compatibility from IE8 to IE9 needs to be fully tested with rigorous regression testing which is beyond the scope of this case.
Therefore if IE/Firefox is required to be used with WebView and a right-to-left language then a 2 step manual workaround is required to align group box names names to the right.
1. PStep html file:
<legend id="gen-GroupBoxN_group_legend" class="GroupBoxN_group_legend gen_prompt" style="text-align:right;">
<legend id="gen-GroupBoxN_group_legend" class="GroupBoxN_group_legend gen_prompt" align="right">
where N is a number.
2. Load Module file COOP.LMNAME.LM.html :
<meta http-equiv="X-UA-Compatible" content="IE=8"/>
<meta http-equiv="X-UA-Compatible" content="IE=9"/>
NOTES about the PTF:
1a. Engineering decided not to try adjusting the overlapping controls because they deemed it was too risky for something that can be easily fixed if controls are redesigned without touching borders and given extra separation.
b. It was not possible to align the list-box contents to the right, so if that is required it would require a Web View enhancement request i.e. new Community idea: https://community.broadcom.com/ideation