We noticed the $SPECROOT/mysql/data/reporting/wirelessaps.idb file was very large and contained millions of records.
What is this table for?
How to manage this table?
Release : Any
Component : Spectrum Reporting
This table is populated is the "Event Generation for Reporting" parameter in the WLC Manager Information tab -> Configuration subview is set to Enabled. By default, it is set to Disabled.
Once you set this to Enabled, the events that are raised on the selected WLC Controller, are registered in the SRM DB, parsed and the event information is saved in the MySQL database named 'reporting' which Report Manager uses to store data. This database contains all the tables that are required to store the data that is used by SRM application to generate reports. At startup, the Report Manager retrieves the data from the primary Archive Manager for each SpectroSERVER through OneClick and stores the data in the SRM databases.
There is no out of the box reporting or table management for the wirelessaps table in the SRM reporting database.
If you do not wish to log any data, then leave the "Event Generation for Reporting" parameter in the WLC Manager Information tab -> Configuration subview set to Disabled.
If enabled and you do not wish to use this data, set the "Event Generation for Reporting" parameter in the WLC Manager Information tab -> Configuration subview to Disabled. Then truncate this table by dowing the following:
1. Log into the SRM system as the user that owns the Spectrum installation
2. If on Windows, start a bash shell by running "bash -login"
3. cd to the $SPECROOT/mysql/bin directory and enter the following command to log into mysql and use the reporting database where <USER> is the user that owns the Spectrum installation:
./mysql --defaults-file=../my-spectrum.cnf -u<USER> -pspectrum reporting
4. At the mysql prompt, enter the following to truncate the wirelessaps table:
truncate table wirelessaps;
5. Enter quit at the mysql prompt to exit mysql
Reference the "'reporting' Database" section of the documentation for information about the wirelessaps table.