How to generate a basic authorization token in the DevTest Workstation.
This is the basic authorization token that can be used in a CURL command like:
curl -k -X POST -H "authorization: Basic <authorization token>" -F file=<virtual service>.mar https://<registry server>:1505/api/Dcm/VSEs/VSE/actions/deployMar
Release : 10.6
Component : DevTest Workstation
Steps to generate a basic authorization token
- In the Workstation create a test with a REST step like. There is no need to enter any details for the URL tab.
- Under the Headers tab create a new 'Authorization' key by clicking on the +
- Under Key enter the word "Authorization". Then there is a popup with User ID and Password. Enter the User ID and Password that you want to use and click OK
- Then you should see the token value.
- Copy that value into the CURL command.
Other tools like Postman also have the functionality to create the basic authentication token
Another option would be to use https://www.debugbear.com/basic-auth-header-generator