Following can be performed to shrink the partition.
- Run the below command for the partition files which are consuming GB's of space.
- Run the below command to check the time stamp of the partition
select top 1 * from CSPEVENT with (NOLOCK) where event_dt_day_of_Yr = <Partition number>
- Run the query to find the number of events in particular partition
select count from CSPEVENT with (NOLOCK) where event_dt_day_of_Yr = <Partition number>
- Once confirmed that events are zero, then ran the below command to shrink the partition.
dbcc shrinkfile (<PartitionName>, target_size)
Note : Target_size is in MB
- The Partition got shrinked successfully and the disk space was reclaimed.