You want to better understand your Optical Character Recognition, OCR, environment sizing needs.
Release : 15.7, 15.8
There is a need to measure OCR image traffic data. You can enable the advanced setting ocr.record_request_statistics. This will enable logging on a detection server and collect metrics on images that are suitable for OCR detection. This logging measures the proportion of files and messages that DLP inspects.
1. Go to System > Servers and Detectors > Overview and select a detection server.
2. Click Server Settings.
3. Set OCR.RECORD_REQUEST_STATISTICS to true.
4. Click Save.
5. Restart the detection server.
6. Let the detection server run for a week and collect metrics. This process works best for the data in motion channels, such as Network Prevent for Email, Network Prevent for Web, and Network Monitor.
7. Consult the OcrRequestsRecord0.log to get the values to enter in the OCR Server Sizing Estimator spreadsheet.
8. See Using the OCR Server Sizing Estimator spreadsheet for instructions and a link to the sheet.