The url_response probe is sending fake or false alarms/alerts with major severity, and then clear alarms. This is occurring for a specific server that has been down for months, since 24 March, 2021. The probe should NOT send major and then clear alarms since its already down.
Release : 4.2
Component : UIM - URL_RESPONSE
- probe configuration, known issue
Wrong Alarm Status in OC When Monitoring URL is Not Accessible
Symptom: When a monitoring URL is completely unreachable, the alarm status still shows as clear, although a Major alarm has been created.
Steps to Resolve:
1. Ensure that you are using the url_response probe version 4.46 or later
2. Open the probe in Raw Configure mode, then under the setup section of the url_response.cfg, add the key-> enableHttpErrorCI
4. Deactivate url_response
5. Acknowledge the current url_response alarms.
6. Activate url_response.
7. Check the alarms once again
You can also try using the webservicemon probe to see if the same issue occurs or not for the urls ending in .wsdl/.WSDL.
This probe is used for the purpose of monitoring web service urls (.WSDL)
This probe monitors web services for the following:
- Monitor the response time from webservice.
- Monitors return status code.
- Monitor the state of SSL certificate expiry and validity.
- Monitor the content of response received from webservice after executing a pre-configured webservice method in a profile.
webservicemon download link:
webservicemon tech doc: