Events are not being populated in the UMC until after the DCS manager services are restarted or the machine is rebooted
1. The SQL server and the DCS manager are on the same server (aka all-in-one install) and as such, the DCS manager services startup before the SQL database is fully initialized, causing a server/database disconnect
2. The size and or condition of the database are questionable, causing the DCS Manager to be unable to commit the events to the database
Release : DCS 6.8 MP2
To avoid issues like this in the future, follow the recommendations below:
1. Change the DCS manager service's start type from Automatic to Automatic (Delayed) for all-in-one DCS install
2. After a database backup is completed, manually shrink the database via SQL Management Studio
NOTE: This should be done as a regular database maintenance task by your DBA
3. Regularly purge out any old events via the UMC console under the "Settings" tab and adjust retention settings to the lowest allowable setting.
NOTE: The longer data is retained the larger the database will grow and sometimes become problematic.