Group By error on Crosstab in Jasper 7.8
Getting error on Crosstab adhoc view on adding two calculated fields to the Rows group
Steps to reproduce:
1. Create a new crosstab ad-hoc view using Investment Management Domain.
2. Add Fields/Calendar Periods/Month Start Date and Measures/Calendar Periods /Investment/Hours/Actual Hours to ‘Columns’ Group
3. Add ‘Investment Name’ to ‘Rows’ group
4. Create two calculated fields
5. Add the calculated fields to the Column Group.
Expected Result – Should be able to add both calculated fields.
Actual Result – Get error ‘not a GROUP BY expression’ on trying to add both the calculated fields
1. Issue can be reproduced on Broadcom GCP environments too, screenshot below
2. Looks like, it used to work fine on Jasper 7.1 and have stopped working on JS 7.8, screenshot below from JS 7.1 environment.
Release : 15.9.3 and Jaspersoft 7.8
Component : CLARITY JASPERSOFT
Tibco was able to reproduce this error with Crosstab due to calculated field with Jaspersoft Report Server 7.8. It is now logged as a defect (JS-60085 - Tibco internal tracking number), which Tibco said will get fixed in the latest upcoming version of JRS. At the moment Clarity Support does not have any updates as far as the plan for the next Jaspersoft release with Clarity. From what I understand Engineering is looking at Jaspersoft upgrade to be given with probably Clarity 16.1, however that has yet to be confirmed.