It is possible to include "Status" attribute in the "New From Template" functionality of the Modern UX Projects creation. However, it has been observed that this attribute always defaults to "Unapproved", irrespective of what value is selected while creating a project. Steps to reproduce are as below:
1. Navigate to the Modern UX -> Administration -> Blueprints
2. Filter for Type = Project. Create a copy of the Standard Blueprint and edit it
3. Click on "Create from Template" tab. Display "Status" attribute in it
4. Display the "Status" attribute in the "Properties" tab as well
5. Associate a template with the newly created Blueprint from step 2
6. Navigate to Projects Grid -> Click on New From Template
7. Choose the template from step 5 -> Click on Next
8. Populate with Project Name
9. Change the value against "Status" field to a legitimate value for Projects, such as "Approved". Click on "Create"
Expected Results: "Status" attribute retains value that was chosen during project creation
Actual Results: "Status" attribute always defaults to "Unapproved"
Version: 15.9.3, 16.0.0
Resolved in version 16.0.1.