ALERT: Some images may not load properly within the Knowledge Base Article. If you see a broken image, please right-click and select 'Open image in a new tab'. We apologize for this inconvenience.
Unable to save a report as spreadsheet when using Google Chrome if the report name contains a comma
Article ID: 227485
IT Management Suite
Asset Management Solution
When trying to run a report and use the "Save As > Spreadsheet" nothing happens. The same happens if trying to save as an HTML file and XML file.
The customer has seen this with default and custom reports. For example: "Assets by Type, Status, Department, Cost Center, and Location" or "Machine Names, OS, Build, Model & Serial Number"
No issue on all other reports.
Steps to duplicate issue:
1. Go to Reports>All Reports>Service and Asset Management>Assets>"Assets by Type, Status, Department, Cost Center, and Location" report
2. Click on "Save As>Spreadsheet"
3. Select "include parameters" and "Save All" options
4. The report should be saved as a CSV file (it should be saved in the "Downloads" folder since that is the default location that Chrome uses) but nothing happens. The report is not saved as a file.
5. If you try the same steps with Internet Explorer, you should see the prompt asking if you want to save the file.
This is a known issue. The problem is related to the report name and how Chrome handles certain characters. If the report name contains a "comma", Chrome cannot trigger the Save option as we want it.
See for more details https://stackoverflow.com/questions/13578428/duplicate-headers-received-from-server
Also we have observed this issue with other browser like Microsoft edge
ITMS 8.5 RU4, 8.6, 8.6 RU1
This issue will be addressed in our ITMS 8.6 RU2 release.
The current workarounds:
- Use Internet Explorer to save the report as a "spreadsheet"
- Clone the default report and save it under different name without the comma (",") or if it is a custom report, rename the report without the comma (",") on its name