Symantec DLP agent in critical state with status as "Endpoint security client is down"
Article ID: 227058
Data Loss Prevention Endpoint Prevent
Data Loss Prevention
Symantec DLP agent on MacOS in critical state with status showing as "Endpoint security client is down".
DLP agent 15.8
Mac OS Big Sur (11.x), can also apply to other versions
This issue occurs when SEHA app does not have full disk access on the Mac OS machine.
Follow the below steps to provide full disk access to SEHA app on Mac OS machines. This will fix the issue and the agent will return back to OK status.
- Click the Apple logo, and then click System Preferences.
- Click Security & Privacy.
- Click the Privacy tab. On the left pane, scroll down and then click Full Disk Access.
- Click the lock icon so you can make changes on your Mac. A new window will appear. Enter your Mac username and password, and then click Unlock to authorize the changes to be made.
- Click the "+" button to add an application. A new window will appear.
- Search for SEHA app. Select SEHA app and click Open. The app will be added to Full Disk Access.