SEP Clients showing old definitions on the SEPM, though it's updated with latest defs on client.
SEPM 14.3 RU1 MP1
SEP clients sends Opstate (operational State) to the SEPM in the form of *.dat file, which SEPM processes and puts in the database, then you see the clients correct information on the SEPM and in the SEPM logs/reports.
- The *.DAT files are not processed by the SEPM and it converts into *.err files, thus the clients information is not updated on the SEPM.
You can follow the below process to clear the *.Err files from the SEPM to fix this Issue.
1) Stop the SEPM service
2) Navigate to C:\Program Files (x86)\Symantec\Symantec Endpoint Protection Manager\data\inbox\agentinfo
3) Search and delete all the *.err files
4) Navigate to C:\Program Files (x86)\Symantec\Symantec Endpoint Protection Manager\data\inbox\log
5) Search and delete all the *.err files
6) Start the SEPM Service
7) Check the clients definitions information on the SEPM console.