The Baseboard Management Controller (BMC) is a chip on the S500, S400, and S200 series motherboards that supports the Intelligent Platform Management Interface (IPMI) specification.
The BMC controls and monitors hardware-related information such as temperatures, voltages, fan speeds, etc.
The ability to upgrade the BMC firmware has been added to hardware diagnostics version 22.214.171.124 or later for S-Series appliances.
NOTE: To upgrade BMC you need console connection to Blue Coat Appliance
The old BMC firmware has a much higher chance of not responding so, it may wreck the upgrade, fundamentally thus our recommendation is to have it updated.
1. Upgrade hardware diagnostic tool to newest version: https://support.symantec.com/us/en/article.tech246290.html
a) put URL for Hardware Diagnostic tool (for example for S-400) into System -> Firmware -> System Image Retrieval
b) once it install restart the box and open console connection
c)when you see count down press space bar and then "d" and select newest hardware diagnostic image 126.96.36.199
2. System will start install drivers it may take from 3-5min
3. After Hardware Diagnostic load, put upgrade bmc
4. Follow the instruction after BMC upgrade
5. After BMC upgrade, power down device and remove power cable for 30 seconds.