All the steps on the Checklist are important to ensure a smooth upgrade.
You will want to do the following:
1 - Download and install TPX 5.4.
2 - Apply all the PTFs.
Now follow the "Migration Checklist" (find in blue some extra info).
Use this checklist when migrating to a new release of CA TPX:
(Refer to your CB0VJCL library, see member $INDEX for the JCL members)
- Use the file allocations from the new CA TPX as delivered. (Refer to CB0VJCL library, member DEFVSAM)
- Make a backup of your old CA TPX VSAM files.(Refer to CB0VJCL library, member VBACKUP or LSBACKUP (if L-SERV)). Important note: TPX must be down!
- Copy the CA TPX VSAM file backups into the new allocated VSAM files. (Refer to CB0VJCL library, member VRESTORE or LSRESTOR (if L-SERV)). Important note: TPX must be down!
- Verify that LOADLIB is APF authorized.
- Run RESET INTEGRITY (Refer to CB0VSRC library, member BATCHINI) This is done in the last step in the VRESTORE. Important note: TPX must be down!
- Migrate any custom ACL/E programs to the new ACL/E library.
- Migrate any custom PANEL libraries to the new PANEL library.
- Reassemble all custom user exits against the new libraries. (Create a v5.4 USERLOAD for the custom exits - do not override the delivered exits in CB0VLOAD. Also, verify that USERLOAD is APF Authorized)
- Modify the new CA TPX startup procedure to refer to tables from migrated files (for example, SMRT, ACT, and so on).
- Review new SMRT parameters:
- Take screen prints of each SMRT panel in your existing release.
- Create a new SMRT in the new release and take screen prints of these.
- Compare both the SMRTs to identify new fields and their defaults.
If you apply no changes to the SMRT in the new release, the defaults will be in effect for any new fields introduced since your existing release.
Note: As of r4, VSAM files are upwardly compatible and do not require conversion.