Use this checklist when migrating to TPX 5.4.
Before installing TPX on production system, perform the installation and initial evaluations of the product and its components on a test system.
Evaluating TPX in a test environment helps to detect any possible problems before rolling out the product to a production system. New releases of TPX are always compatible with previous releases, letting you run a new release on a test system while still running the older version on a production system.
WARNING: It’s important to follow this procedure , which outlines the proper upgrading procedures. Failure to follow these instructions, explicitly, could, and most likely will, result in unexpected failures, such as VSAM errors, abends and unpredictable results.
Installing TPX 5.4
1. Read through the 'Installing' documentation.
2. Download and Install TPX 5.4.
3. Download all the PTF's for TPX 5.4.
4. Follow the area 'Configuring your Product'. Be sure you can bring up this 'starter' 5.4 TPX.
5. Next, follow the ‘Post Installation’ Tasks.
6. Before any of the 'Migration Checklist' can be done, the product has to be installed successfully.
7. Once the product has been installed successfully, follow the ‘Migration Checklist’ below (find in blue some extra info from ‘Migration Information’ documentation).
Note: All the steps on the Checklist are important to ensure a smooth upgrade.
Use this checklist when migrating to TPX 5.4
Note: As of r4, VSAM files are upwardly compatible and do not require conversion.