- Go to SES. Download a Full installation package creator. Run it, specify a directory to download the files to (ex: c:\Install).
- Install 7-Zip if it is not already installed.
- In Windows Explorer, select the four files + one directory which were downloaded, right-click / 7-zip / Add to Archive. Name the file something like "Install.7z".
- Retrieve 7z-Extra from 9.20 at 7z-zip's download site. (Note, must be v9.20, file name to download is "7z920_extra.7z").
- Open "7z920_extra.7z" with 7-zip and extract "7zS.sfx" to the directory you are working with (you do not need to extract the rest of the archive).
- With Explorer create an empty text file titled "config.txt" in the directory.
- Install Notepad++ if it is not already. Use Notepad++ to open "config.txt".
- Within Notepad++, set the Encoding to "UTF-8". Enter this in to the config.txt file & save:
Title="SES Install test 1.0"
BeginPrompt="Do you want to install Symantec Endpoint Security?"
- You should now have a folder with three files:
- Open a command prompt to this directory and run this command:
copy /b 7zS.sfx + config.txt + Install.7z SES_Install.exe
You can now run SES_Install.exe as a single executable to install SES. You could tweak the config.txt file to remove the BeginPrompt line and run the full install right after the UAC prompt.
***For a power-point presentation of this process, see attached file.