This technical article documents a known limitation when configuring the ntevl probe using the MCS UI.
The "Position File Backup" is a field used to prevent old alarms being generated for previous events. An example of this is when the probe starts up each time it should have a last read position, if the server or probe is shut down it will cause the counters to be reset and old alerts will be generated. As this field / configuration parameter is not configurable via the OC MCS UI Enhanced template it is resulting in old alerts being generated.
Release : 20.3
Component : UIM - NTEVL
1. Access the latest ntevl probe version in the local archive.
2. Edit the package, select the cfx file (both 64 and 32 bit sections) and modify the below parameter:
- Current default config:
enable_pos_backupfile = no
- Change to:
enable_pos_backupfile = yes
3. This package can now be pushed out to the robots in question and MCS will use this package for new configurations.
Note: This parameter is not over-written by MCS.
Engineering are currently working on a new MCS template build to include the following missing ntevl configurations:
- (32856900 / DE515779)
1. WMI Query Timeout
2. WMI Timeout Interval Unit
3. Alarm List Size
4. Maximum Number of Threads
5. Max Queue Size
6. Wait on Max Queue Size
7. Variable Name with non ASCII characters
8. Enable Position File Backup Interval
9. Position File Backup Interval
10. Disable continuous update of position file
11. Position File Update Interval