Cannot delete an administrator account
Article ID: 224191
When trying to delete an administrator that left the company, the error below appears:
Cannot delete this administrator account as it is associated with a client certificate.
This issue has two possible causes:
- The administrator account is configured for smart card authentication
- The administrator account is associated with an existing application certificate
Release : 10.7.3
Smart Card Authentication enabled for administrator account
- In the control center, go to (Administration > Administrators) and click on the account you want to remove.
- Uncheck "Enable Smart Card Authentication for this Administrator".
Application Certificate associated with administrator account
This issue can also be the result of an application certificate being associated with the admin account which is being deleted.
- In the Control Center, go to Administraton > Certificates > Applications
- Edit each Application Certificate in turn and confirm that none of the application certificates are associated with the administrator account