2. Also, the UDSSERVER.ini has a yyyy-MM-dd format as opposed to yyyy-MM-dd-HH-mm-ss
Release : 9.1.x
1. Stop the Application server.
2. Ensure that you have configured the UDSSERVER.ini in <ARCOT_HOME>\conf for rotation of logs say in this example after 1 MB of arcotuds.log have been created. Please efer to the screenshot below. below. The timestamped date format as "yyyy-MM-dd-HH-mm-ss" is key to provide a unique name for the backed up file. Say you provided date format as ""yyyy-MM-dd" then any logs created on the same day will be overwritten. Again, ensure you use the date format as"yyyy-MM-dd-HH-mm-ss".
3. From your arcotuds deployment say --- webapps/arcotuds/WEB-INF/lib --- backup these three existing old version 2.11.2 JAR files and then delete them.
4. Apply these three new version 2.14.0 JAR files (to acquire these updated JAR for updated version file a Broadcom Support case)
******* Screen Shot below pertains to bullet #3 and #4 below *******************************
5. Restart Application server and test for log rolling.
6. As arcotuds.log gets filled with by say 1 MB log data in this case, observe that you will find older arcotuds.logs of 1 MB data in your specified logs directory like shown in the screenshot below.
In a future release, the released arcotuds.war will have these new JAR versions mentioned here and also an updated UDSSERVER.ini file with the required date format and the issue will be addressed hence not require the resolution steps discussed in this article.