Task and Project dates in Clarity gets changed (moved further out) when a user changes the 'Schedule State' of a User Story in Rally from 'Defined' to 'In-Progress' and the 'Synchronize Agile Central' job is run.
STEPS TO REPRODUCE:
1. On a Clarity application server create a Rally Integration with Integration type set as 'Portfolio Item'
2. Set 'Create Direction' as Birectional
3. Set 'Portfolio Item Type Map (Project)' as Initiative
4. Set Portfolio Item Type Map (Task)' as Feature
5. Create a project called 'Delta' in Clarity with Start / Finish dates set as 1 Jan 2021 - 31 Dec 2021
6. Run the 'Synchronize Agile Central' job
7. The Project gets created as an 'Initiative' in Rally
8. Open the 'Initiative' then click on 'Children' label then on 'Add' button to create a child which is a 'Feature' with start date set to 1 Jan 2021
9. Open the 'Feature' then click on 'User Stories' label to open page. Click 'Add' button to create a 'User Story'
10. Now run the 'Synchronize Agile Central' job
11. Notice that a Task (Feature) gets created in the Clarity Project called 'Delta' with dates set as 1 Jan 2021 - 31 Dec 2021 which is all expected
12. Log back into Rally and navigate to the 'User Story' in step 9 and change the 'Schedule State' from 'Defined' to 'In-Progress'
13. Run the 'Synchronize Agile Central' job
14. Log back into Clarity and review Project and Task dates
Expected Results: Project and Task Finish dates to remain intact as originally set.
Actual Results: Project and Task Finish dates are moved further out into the future and therefore affecting the Project planning.
Release : 15.9.1, 15.9.2, 15.9.3
Component : CLARITY RALLY
The suggested workaround is to manually populate the Rally "Feature" planned finish date to be one day before the end of the Clarity Project (and the Rally Initiative) AFTER the Rally user updates the user Story state from Defined to In-Progress as follows (and before the sync job initiates):
Rally Initiative Delta - Planned Start (Jan-1-2021) Planned Finish (Dec-31-2021)
---Feature 1 - Planned Start (Jan-1-2021) Planned Finish (Dec-30-2021) Actual Start (Mar-15-2021)
-----Story 1 - Planned Start (blank) Planned Finish (blank) Actual Start (Mar-15-2021)
With the above Rally data in place, when the sync happens, Clarity will be updated as follows....(assuming Mar-15-2021 is the date the Rally user updates the user Story State from Defined to In-Progress)
Clarity Project Delta - Start (Jan-1-2021) Finish (Dec-31-2021)
---Task 1 - Start (Mar-15-2021) Finish (Dec-30-2021)
-----Sub-Task 1 - Start (Mar-15-2021) Finish (Dec-30-2021)
There are NO product changes needed with the proposed customer workaround