How do I define a NEW user to CA View and provide them with basic report viewing security so that they can only see their own reports? We are currently configured with SECURITY=INIT and CA Deliver is not involved with the processing/archiving of reports at our shop.
Release : 14.0
Component : CA View
Define BASIC report viewing security...
- Customer configured with SECURITY=INIT
- No CA Deliver involvement with reports
Because you are configured with SECURITY=INIT. And because there is no CA Deliver involved, there would be no Deliver defined "Distribution ID's" attached to any of the reports collected by SARSTC. If your intention is to restrict what reports a new user is going to see in CA View, your options are limited with your current configuration, so you would need to...
- You add a new user to CA View via the DEF USER command from the Primary Selection panel.
- On the DEF USER screen, you would provide the user access to the reports by specifying the appropriate MODE field (in the AEESSJ column) of the DEF USER screen. In your case, the only way you would be able to add a level of viewing security would be to define the new users with an access MODE of "SAR" only. This is done by specifying a 'Y' in the 'fifth position' of the mode field on the DEF USERS screen. All other modes would require a value of 'N'.
* NOTE: By default, the DISTID Mask and DISTID field will be populated with the new users userid as shown above when you scroll right.
- You would then need to define a CA VIEW "DISTID" to the new user via the DEF DIST command from the Primary Selection panel.
- Then tab down and select the DISTID and define which reports (SYSOUT ID's) that this user will be able to see in CA View via MODE=SAR
- Outside of the above method, considering your current SARINIT parameter settings, your only other option for securing what reports a user can see in CA View would be via "USER MODIFICATIONS" to the SARSECUX security exit.