Update Earned Value and Cost Totals Job does not take into consideration an inactive project when the project is entered in the job parameters.
This was reported as DE61203
STEPS TO REPRODUCE:
1. Use a project that has ACWP and ETC Costs already updated
2. Inactivate the project
3. Run Rate Matrix Extraction job with options
- Prepare Rate Matrix Data
- Update Rate Matrix Data
4. Run the job 'Update Earned Value and Cost Totals' with the parameter
- Enter the same inactive project in the Investment parameter
5. Upon completion of the job, check the ACWP and ETC costs on the project
Expected Results: Per documentation ACWP and ETC costs are removed from the project.
Actual Results: The ACWP and ETC Costs remain on the project.
Workaround: Run Update Cost Totals from within the project itself.
Release : 15.9.1
Component : CLARITY FINANCIAL MANAGEMENT
The job code never processes any inactive investment regardless of the parameters selected. Therefore, the the 'fix' is to the Job Parameter.
It has been updated to only allow active investments for selection. This job only processes active investments.
The user can run the job from the Classic Project Actions on the Tasks tab - Update Cost Totals. This will remove the costs from the project.
Documentation is updated in 16.0 to reflect only active projects can be run from the job.