When Support Automation needs to make a connection to an end user, what is the data flow?
Service Management 12.x, 14.x and 17.x
1. The End User workstation makes a request to Service Desk stating that they want to start a Support Automation session
2. Service Desk Makes a call to Support Automation and passes the user information
3. The HTTP component of Support Automation (Tomcat) pushes the client files to the workstation if needed
4. The workstation makes an attempt to connect to Support Automation over the socket port
5. If socket connection fails, the workstation will attempt HTTP connection instead (which is much slower)
6. At the end of the session, the session information is sent back to Service Desk as a new ticket or included in an existing ticket (depending on the situation)