Due to changing the EEM Install User we need to uninstall EEM and Reinstall in a fault tolerant (Multi-Write Mode) EEM with no downtime.
What is the process for doing this?
Change of EEM User account requires full uninstall and reinstall of EEM.
Release : 20.2
Component : CA Embedded Entitlements Manager Fault Tolerance (Multi-Write Mode)
1. Deactivate failover configuration
2. Re-install EEM in the secondary node.
1. Add secondary node to the failover configuration. This will pull all the data from Primary EEM
2. Now break the failover configuration again
3. Reinstall EEM in the primary node
4. Make the EEM in the secondary node as primary
5. Add the other EEM(previously primary) as the secondary node to the failover configuration. This will pull all the data from Primary EEM(previously secondary EEM)
Due to the requirement to re-install EEM in both the nodes(unlike upgrading to the next version), we can’t keep the same EEM as primary after completion of re-install in both the node.