How can Autosys installer use a custom CASHCOMP location?
Release : 12.0
Component : CA Workload Automation AE (AutoSys)
When EEM is installed as part of Autosys, EEM installer is forcing CASHCOMP to default to /opt/CA/SharedComponents (/etc/profile.CA is also updated in a similar way).
- CASHCOMP gets defaulted by /opt/CA/SharedComponents
- So, it is suggested to create a softlink /opt/CA/SharedComponents to a custom SharedComponents folder, before installing any of the Autosys/EEM components
1) create a softlink /opt/CA/SharedComponents pointing to /apps/CA/SharedComponents
ln -fs /apps/CA/SharedComponents SharedComponents
ls -al /opt/CA
# we should see a soft link /opt/CA/SharedComponents pointing to /apps/CA/SharedComponents
2) Now install EEM, make sure its successful by accessing the URL
Note: after EEM install, it updates /etc/profile.CA to have CASHCOMP=/opt/CA/SharedComponents
3) If EEM URL is accessible, but some how in the /tmp/cawa_installer.log it showed that the EEM installer failed, below approach can be used:
$AUTOSYS/globalVars file, add this entry if it is missing
IA_AE_INSTALLED_EEM = 1
4) Install Autosys now