We have a Distributed SpectroSERVER (DSS) environment configured. The Main Location Server (MLS) has both the AutoDiscovery Control -> Trap Based Continuous Discovery and the Trap Management -> Enable Trap Director et to Enabled.
Periodically, we see a new model get created on the MLS by the Trap Based Continuous Discovery that should not get created because that model is already modeled in one of the other DSS SpectroSERVER databases.
Release : Any
Component : Spectrum AutoDiscovery/Modeling
Possible root cause is corruption in the Remote Forwarding cache
Clear the Remote Forwarding cache on the system where the Trap Director is enabled by doing the following:
1. Log into OneClick as an ADMN user
2. Find and select the VNM model associated with the SpectroSERVER system where the Trap Director is enabled
3. Click on the Information tab
4. Find and expand the Trap Management subview
5. Click on the "Clear Remove Forwarding Cache" button
Monitor for the issue to reoccur.