In the Gen Toolset:
- Under Options/Paths, when the user changes any of the default settings for Output, Models and Work directories those values are stored in a file name ief6900.dat created in directory "%USERPROFILE%\AppData\Local\CA\Gen 8.6\cfg\Toolset\"
- Under "Construction > Generation > Options > Generation Defaults", when the user changes any of the default settings those values are also stored in the same ief6900.dat file,
Release : 8.6
Component : Gen Workstation Toolset
When the Toolset is started for the first time the ief6900.dat file is created and initially contains no values for the Output, Models and Work directories.
1. These default values are used for the 3 settable directories:
Output: %USERPROFILE%\Documents\CA\Gen 8.6\Output\
Models: %USERPROFILE%\Documents\CA\Gen 8.6\Models\
Work: %TMP%\CA\Gen 8.6\
2. If the user uses the OK button in Options/Paths then the values are saved in the ief6900.dat file. Otherwise, if use Cancel to close the dialog box no changes are made to the file.
3. If an inaccessible directory is accidentally entered for the Work directory or the existing Work directory becomes inaccessible, when the user next starts the Toolset this message will be received:
"Unable to create a unique work directory C:\Program Files (x86)\CA\Gen86\Gen\wknnnnnnn\. You may wish to check manually before Retry. A Cancel here will EXIT CA Gen".
That is because the inaccessible work directory is detected and the Toolset then defaults to its current directory "C:\Program Files (x86)\CA\Gen86\Gen" to try to use that as the Work directory. However, unless the Toolset is started with "Run as administrator" the user has no access to create a directory under "C:\Program Files (x86)\CA\Gen86\Gen" and hence the error.
To resolve the problem delete the ief6900.dat file "%USERPROFILE%\AppData\Local\CA\Gen 8.6\cfg\Toolset\" and restart the Toolset.