After doing a complete new discovery on our SpectroSERVER landscape we notice that the connections that are connected via the BGP protocol are not showing up correctly.
Instead of being directly connected to the neighbor switch device it shows that it is connecting into an "unknown ASN".
How can we resolve this so that the neighbors are shown connected properly?
Release : 10.4.x
Component : Spectrum Core / SpectroSERVER Discovery
EVPN Layer 3 discovery was done before the Layer 2 physical discovery
1. Disable EVPN background discovery
- Set Enable Background discovery to No
- Create on Trap to No
2. Delete the Unknown ASN model from EVPN Manager
3. After a moment you will see that the connections have been removed.
4. Right Click on the Core Switch and select Reconfiguration, Discover Connections
5. After all of the Layer 2 discoveries have been made, you should see the normal Neighbor topology
6. Once all Layer 2 discoveries have been made, you can enable EVPN Background Discovery so that the ASN information is provided within the BGP connections. This will not remove the already established Layer 2 connections.
For more information regarding EVPN Manager Discovery